Senior Software Engineer
Senior • Full Time • Backend
San Diego, California
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
Are you a passionate and innovative Senior Software Engineer looking to build the foundations of state of the art AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Then Shield AI is just the place for you! As a Senior Software Engineer focused on engineering automation, you will help us rapidly develop and deploy secure and reliable robotic systems.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with a diverse group of supportive and highly motivated engineers from various disciplines to create reliable and secure autonomous intelligent systems to protect lives.
- Develop core foundational components of AI products.
- Contribute to a cloud and on-prem infrastructure for continuous testing in simulated and live environments.
- Collaborate across non-technical business groups to develop business driving software solutions.
- Implement software solutions and develop processes necessary for a fast and reliable development life cycle.
- Define release procedures and testing frameworks that ensure a smooth deployment of new versions of robotic systems.
- Work with a team dedicated to improving the business every day.
Our tech stack and tools include:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Azure DevOps
- C++ for software development
- C# (.NET Core) and Python for Build/Release
- Visual Studio / VS Code
Projects that you might work on:
- Real Time Monitoring and Reporting Dashboards
- Enterprise scale build orchestration
- Cross Platform (ARM,x86) Build and Test orchestration
- Company wide automation solutions
People we're looking for have the following required education and experience:
- Minimum of 5 to 7+ years of real world experience building automation solutions for continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Expertise with a majority of the technology above
- Experience with development tools for CI/CD
- Experience with cloud deployment and monitoring
- B.S. in Computer Science, similar degree, or equivalent practical experience
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our mission is to protect service members and innocent civilians with artificially intelligent systems. Shield AI is the home of Hivemind, an artificial intelligence which enables robots to see, reason about, and search the world. Shield AI’s first product, Nova, is a Hivemind-powered robot that searches buildings while simultaneously streaming video and building maps.
Please mention that you found this job on .NET Careers.