Site Reliability Engineer
Middle • Full Time • Dev Ops
Site Reliability Engineer
Who We Are
At TCGplayer, we build applications and technologies that connect thousands of hobby gaming businesses with customers across the globe. Our ecommerce and data management tools power sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace.
The Technology Operations team is responsible for the stability, reliability, release and deployment of TCGplayer.com technology. The team’s primary function is to increase the efficiency of the organization through well designed automation and infrastructure.
Who You Are
As a Site Reliability engineer you will work closely with engineering and architecture to increase stability and reliability. You will be responsible for 24/7 operations of our platform and creating/maintaining root cause analysis. Ultimately you will execute and automate operational processes quickly, accurately and securely. If you’re someone who doesn’t mind participating in on-call support, and enjoys identifying production issues and implementing remediations, this position is for you!
Impact You Will Make Here
- Monitoring and maintaining the Development, Testing/QA, Staging and Production environments
- Mitigating production performance issues effectively by taking responsibility for seeing those performance issues through resolution with the goal of automating to prevent problem recurrence
- Scheduling, testing and maintaining application deployments and pipelines
- Working with engineering to perform capacity planning, analysis, implementation and testing of the platform
- Working closely with team members and development to improve existing systems
- Assisting and working with the DBA to increase reliability and automation
- Tracking root cause analysis and implementing remediations
- Implementing AWS infrastructure and architecture
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of experience administering a consumer-facing Microsoft Web Platform (IIS, ASP.NET/.NET Core, MSSQL)
- 3+ years of experience with Architecting and managing solutions in AWS
- 3+ years of experience setting up and administering high availability solutions in Windows Servers
- 5+ years of experience administering and maintaining MSSQL and Active Directory
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security and distributed applications
- Experience with mixed Infrastructure, Virtual and Cloud-based server environments
- Experience with load balancing and multi-layer application stacks
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools and software management tools for 24x7 environments
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage with the majority of the premium paid by the Company.
- 100% company paid dental insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer Fast Facts
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.