Senior • Full Time • Architect
WHAT FLEXWARE DOES
Flexware Innovation is a leading technology integrator that helps forward thinkers in manufacturing and related industries build comprehensive and long-lasting solutions with ease.
Founded in 1996 and based in Indiana, our teams of talented engineers leverage technology to solve real business problems with teams of engineers focused on industrial controls, manufacturing systems integration, software development, business intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Our passion is helping our customers build solutions that stand the test of time by creating solid architecture and helping customers avoid costly design mistakes.
But we’re not just invested in technology – we’re also invested in people. Our internal promise to our Flexdogs is to have a positive and lasting impact on our families by providing a healthy and engaging work environment. Our environment is fun, family-friendly, energetic, and was nominated for TechPoint’s Mira Award for “Company Culture of the Year” in 2017, as well as four Powderkeg awards in 2019.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be working on Flexware’s Products Team as well as our Service Team helping to build long-lasting solutions. This role will design the architecture of new solutions for clients while still having a hands on approach while development takes place. You will be responsible for developing product services, APIs, and user interfaces that are hosted in the cloud (Azure and AWS). There will be work on platforms that are mature, as well as some ground-up development. You will be challenged to come up with innovative solutions that will free our customers to focus on what they do best.
- Work in different cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Create web APIs to provide access to data and core features
- Secure all components by leveraging standards such as OAuth
Flexware is looking for an individual that is willing to step in where necessary. We are looking for someone that is not afraid to get their hands dirty and be of service to others.
This role will be responsible for the direction and overall architecture as well as development of product solutions and customer applications. We are looking for developers that have several years of experience building mission-critical platforms.
**Please note that we are not interviewing candidates that require sponsorship now or in the future**
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE BEFORE
Flexdogs are a rare breed of engineers. They come from varied backgrounds, but typically have some of the following traits:
- Received a technical Bachelor’s degree such as computer science, computer engineering, computer technology, computer information technology, or similar technical concentration
- Have several years of experience (7+) working in a professional environment with modern architectures
- Expertise in all aspects of cloud services of either Microsoft Azure or AWS (5+ years)
- Expertise in architecting and assisting in the development of mission critical applications to enterprise level businesses.
- While not required the ideal candidate will have manufacturing background working with MES applications
- Worked in a consulting and/or professional services environment is highly preferred
If you’re interested in becoming a Flexdog, we’re excited to start a conversation with you! Please reach out to Lauren McMullen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry and conversation will be treated with confidentiality, and we will not share your information with others.