Azure Infrastructure Architect
Senior • Full Time • Architect
High performing team members. Challenging projects. A stable and profitable company. And a great place to work! This is what you can expect if you join the Catapult Systems team. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Catapult is an award-winning Microsoft National Solution Provider, recently being named Microsoft’s 2019 Partner of the Year for PowerApps and Modern Workplace, as well as Partner of the Year Finalist for Power BI.
It is a very exciting time of growth for Catapult Systems, and we are currently hiring an Azure Infrastructure Architect to provide technical leadership for our expanding Infrastructure and Operations practice.
What do we attribute our award-winning success to? The people we hire, of course! We provide you the tools and leadership that you need to be successful, and then let you do what you do best. We enable you to make the decisions that you feel are in the best interest of our clients, and we trust your judgment. This type of ownership and independence, and an ongoing commitment to solving real business problems through the innovative use of Microsoft technologies, has resulted in Catapult being voted one of the best places to work year after year!
What will my role be?
In this senior level role, you will be part of Catapult’s growing Cloud infrastructure solutions team. You will work with some great minds to design and implement cloud solutions that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability, and performance. You will deploy Azure based solutions and technologies across a wide range of industries.
Heavy involvement with customer’s architecture including the following:
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review Azure architecture and solution design artifacts
- Develop a deep understanding of how our customers use the Azure platform and their use of compute, storage, database, network and modern workloads
- Drive strategic and complex projects, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies
- Manage processes related to modernization, architecture, disaster recovery and business transformation
- Identify, communicate and mitigate risks, assumptions, issues and decisions throughout the project lifecycle
- Engage directly with customers at the CIO/CTO level, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships
- Define architectural roadmaps for Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity utilizing the cloud
- Comfort with tooling and developing specialized solutions for customers
- Assessing on-premise and Cloud infrastructure to capture current operating costs and propose future improvements to customer technical and business teams
Required and Preferred Technology Experience:
Deep Understanding of:
- Azure Migrate/Azure Site Recovery
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service – Compute, Storage, Network
- Azure Policy
- Azure Security Center
- Log Analytics/Azure Monitor
- Azure Active Directory
- Overall understanding of key concepts of Azure
- Platform as a Service – Azure App Service, Azure SQL, Azure Container Registry, Azure Data Factory
- Infrastructure as Code – Terraform, Azure Resource Manager Templates, Azure Custom Policies
- Azure Blueprint
- Azure DevOps
- Required: Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Preferred: Microsoft Certified – Azure Solutions Architect Expert or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
So what are you waiting for?? If you are passionate about being a leader and want to work with smart people that are committed to accomplishing great things, then apply today!
Catapult offers an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) match, paid time off, flex spending accounts, identity theft protection, and medical, dental, and life insurance – just to name a few.
Catapult continually named among the Best Places to Work!
Catapult is an Equal Opportunity Employer!