Junior .NET Developer
Junior • Full Time • Backend
Acuity, Inc. has an opening for a Mid-level Application Developer (.NET) to join our team supporting a key federal customer. Our team utilizes a range of platforms to assist our clients in meeting their goals including C#, .Net and other object-oriented languages and frameworks, and their application to web-based software.
Acuity, Inc. is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards.
As an Application (.NET) Developer you are expected to fill a dynamic role involving both consulting directly with clients to identify and architect solutions to solving client challenges, and also, serving as a developer to implement solutions in .NET. As a successful Application Developer you should possess proven capabilities to drive work independently or collaboratively with clients to understand their business challenges and develop distinctive solutions. You are expected to take responsibility for the design of web-based .NET solutions and are expected to have a strong attention to detail and take responsibility for reviewing their own work. You will also be expected to assist and lead the development of project documentation including project plans, requirement documents, system documentation, and training materials. In this position you will have a high degree of independence while working with the client and must be a self-starter able to take a project from initiation to completion.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or related discipline, or equivalent related experience
- At least two (2)years of experience with C# or VB.NET (preferably C#)
- Experience with ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC frameworks
- Strong understanding of SDLC, including Agile methodologies
- Ability to collaborate and work with other developers and test effectively within SCRUM/Agile environment
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design patterns, including dependency injection and inversion of control
- Good understanding and hands on experience with AWS, .NET, and WebAPI
- Experience producing and consuming web APIs, including JSON and XML formats
- Experience with REST-based services and APIs
- Experience with data modeling, normalization, and SQL optimization
- Build and deployment knowledge to host .NET application on AWS using Visual Studio Team Services
- Strong documentation, writing and interpersonal skills.
Strong Preference for:
- Must have hands-on AngularJS programming skills
- Experience in migrating application to AWS Cloud
- Familiarity of developing within AWS cloud patterns and architecture
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices etc.
- Must be US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability