Product Software Engineer
Middle • Full Time • Full Stack
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services, and is a division of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The CCH® ProSystem fx® Suite, CCH Axcess™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, CCH® IntelliConnect Direct, CCH® Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US has locations in Dallas, Wichita, New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago and Torrance.
The digital future has arrived and the tax and accounting professions are changing rapidly. Professionals today have different needs, expectations and capabilities. In addition to accuracy, they need greater mobility, simplicity and speed. These needs place a premium on access to active intelligence, agile systems and integrated workflow solutions -- in short "Best in Process" solutions. This is precisely the value that Wolters Kluwer, Tax & Accounting US delivers to professionals.
- Work with peers and Senior Engineers to ensure that software products deliver business value, are completed on time, have high quality, and minimize technical debt.
- Participate in coding efforts within a project team. Clearly communicate actionable information to the project team.
- Develop and document software designs that emphasize usefulness/usability, stability, performance, and reusability.
- Assist with advanced debugging efforts within the project team when production and development issues arise.
- Continuously stay moderately current on market trends and new technologies that can affect how we approach our solutions.
- Establish collaborative relationships with project managers and other functional team members to ensure success of projects. When needed, act as a liaison to the business, assisting with decisions that require technical expertise.
- Successfully interact across various functional roles and departments to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- Establish and uphold firm expectations and ensure that deliverables are self-certified prior to transitioning to the downstream consumers of the deliverable (QA and customers).
- Accurately assess/identify project and/or business risks providing critical decision support by identifying acceptable risks and outlining risk impact/responses.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision. The expectation is that the employee in this position will be able to receive a statement of objectives and detailed direction and be able to effectively execute to those directions and clearly communicate the project impediments to his/her peers with minimal feedback or assistance from Senior Engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related discipline) required
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development
- Understanding of and experience with an agile SDLC (such as Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, Scrumban).
- Understanding of and experience in developing in a Continuous Integration Environment.
- Understanding of and experience in the use and creation of automated unit tests.
- Knowledge of common software design patterns (such as MVC3 or MVC4) is a plus.
- Knowledge of ORM Frameworks (such as nHibernate and Entity Framework) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection Containers (such as Castle Windsor and Unity) is a plus.
- Knowledge of NoSQL DBs (such as RavenDB or MongoDB) is a plus
- Knowledge of Responsive Design is a plus
- Knowledge of Xamarin, PhoneGap, Appcelerator are a plus
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in developing .NET technology solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of developing hosted web-based software.
- RDBMS (MS SQL Server and/or Oracle) expertise is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server is a plus. This includes both source control as well as work item tracking.