Senior C# Engineer
Senior • Full Time • Backend
Bethesda, MD $100k - 135k | Equity
We need a software engineer with a strong background in the data layer to build our data architecture and keep our data clean, safe, and organized. If you're an experienced Software Developer who is just as comfortable coding in TSQL as you are in C#, and as great at diagnosing DB performance issues as you are at creating clean code, please read on!
Every day we make design and development decisions that impact millions of real estate agents and consumers – this is a rare and exciting opportunity to help create something revolutionary!
Using .NET and C# we’ve built a highly scalable backend architecture to service our products. If our website and apps are the tip of the iceberg, our .NET services are the bummock (look it up, it’s totally a word).
We’re looking for a teammate, not an “employee”. Someone that has a real passion for building quality products and can take an idea and run with it. We want someone who enjoys what they do, loves to learn new things, and has the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Use object-oriented design principles to write efficient, modular C# code
- Lead and assist in the migration from SQL to Amazon Web Services
- Design, test, and implement database triggers, stored procedures, scripts, and packages
- Help ensure our data is accurate and up-to-date
- Identify, monitor, troubleshoot and resolve database issues
- Create and review code and logical data models in support of business objectives
- Manage and configure SQL Server on Windows Server
- Convert specifications and requirements into functional web services
- Modify, test, debug, and implement changes to data-driven apps and libraries
- Design and implement data models with SQL and/or LINQ
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You dream in TSQL and the MERGE operation doesn’t scare you
- Minimum 10 years practical, hands-on experience developing with C#/.NET and TSQL
- Expert knowledge of relational database principles and database architecting/design
- Experience optimizing queries, indexes, and partitions
- Expert in Visual Studio or similar integrated development environment
- Good understanding of relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Knowledge of Google Adwords API and/or Facebook Marketing API a BIG plus!
As an integral member of our world-class development team, you'll help us develop the next generation of Homesnap products, apps and services. You’ll gain experience in many different areas and have the opportunity make a real impact to the company’s bottom-line.
For your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, equity, bonuses, generous paid time off, full benefits (medical, vision, dental, 401K), a stipend to deck out your workstation, and a great work environment where you get to build a groundbreaking and critically-acclaimed product.