Associate Software Engineer
Junior • Full Time • Full Stack
Birmingham AL, US
Daxko is seeking an aspiring software craftswoman/man with experience in C#, SQL, and API development to be a hands-on engineer on our Platform and Integration team. As an Associate Software Engineer, your work will be focused on integrating Daxko products across product lines with external partners and customers.
We are an Agile/Scrum shop with a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration. Teams are encouraged to operate with the autonomy and flexibility of startups, while enjoying the benefits of being part of an established company. If you believe in community-driven development, consider writing code as a craft, and have a desire to be a lifelong learner, then we invite you to read on and apply.
Here are a few things you'll likely find yourself doing in this role...
- Delivering high-quality, unit-tested code by practicing pragmatic software engineering principles
- Working with the team to help identify solutions for new features
- Working with the team to size and groom the product backlog
- Leveraging Agile best practices (vertical vs. horizontal development, breaking things down into smaller pieces, driving to done)
- Working with the team to own products and features end-to-end
NOTE: This position is Entry Level
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-based discipline or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years’ work experience in a relevant position
- Experience with application development in C# or Java
- Experience in SQL or other relevant data stores
- Experience working with and understanding of RESTful API’s
- Working knowledge of current architectural/development best practices and design patterns
- Knowledge of available tools, technologies, methodologies, processes, and best practices to develop software
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and a craving for details
- Openness to new technologies, industry trends and ability to adopt latest design methodologies
- Solid interpersonal skills and comfort in a collaborative development environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
A plus if you have experience with some of these...
- Unit Testing Frameworks and best practices
- Realtime Data Streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Serverless Computing (e.g. AWS cloud services)
- AWS Messaging Services (e.g. SNS & SQS)
- DevOps and CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Agile Methodology and Practices
- NoSQL/Non-relational Databases
The Daxko Nation includes several distinct brands: Daxko, CSI Spectrum, Club Automation, AAC, SugarWOD, and Zen Planner. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities, and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation for providing “career-defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected in our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine