Senior Software Engineer
Senior • Full Time • Backend
Wilmington MA, US
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a hands-on role in the development of core software components responsible for orchestrating inventory into the Symbotic system and order fulfillment out to customers. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
- Design and develop real-time distributed software to orchestrate the induction of new inventory and order fulfillment to customers.
- Evolve the current software architecture toward microservices using .NET Core, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ and Redis.
- Contribute to a distributed architecture using multi-threaded and multi-processor concepts.
- Play a hands-on role as part of an engineering team that works to design, develop, review and test new functionality.
- Collaborate with other development teams, project managers and product managers to breakdown requirements, design solutions and execute on new business requirements.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical leadership.
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or related experience.
- 5+ years professional experience developing software application
- 2+ years of experience with data/SQL platforms including traditional relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL).
- Object oriented design and programming concepts, C# or Java is preferred.
- Source code version control, unit testing, design and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with multi-threading, multiprocessing, and SW/HW integration.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to learn quickly and independently, and work in a dynamic agile environment with cross functional and remote teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.