Senior Forensic Software Developer
Senior • Full Time • Full Stack
Tampa, FL with probable OCONUS deployment periods.
Provide support in the form of application development, scripting, debugging, and value-added software development expertise to a digital forensic lab and malware reverse engineering section. Maintain existing software and develop new software to customer specifications. Become the voice, leading a small team of junior level developers as their mentor. Represent the developer team to senior government officials.
Developers work with a variety of technologies including .NET (typically C#), Python, & SQL, however this senior individual must be proficient in C#
Developers will be based out of Tampa, FL and, on an as-needed basis, serve deployments to hazardous environments outside the continental United States (OCONUS) in direct support of our military customers.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must hold a US government security clearance
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math or Physics
- Must have 8+ years software developer experience
- Must be proficient programming in C#
- Must have some experience working at the byte level and/or reverse engineering files and applications
- Proficiency in one of the following is also a positive attribute: Python, Java, C++ and/or C
- Familiarity with high and low level programming languages
- Capable of debugging software applications
- Able to gather testable software requirements
- Able to participate in the design of new software applications
- Familiarity with maintainable software processes including: software documentation, source code versioning, unit testing
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations and problems
- Able to operate in a mission-critical and time-sensitive environments
- Key qualities: Self-motivated, Detail-oriented, Strong work ethic
- Familiarity with digital forensics
- Familiarity with hex editors and working at the byte-level
- Reverse Engineering knowledge/abilities (x86/x64; IDA Pro, etc.)
CIPHER TECH IS COMMITTED TO HIRING QUALIFIED VETERANS!