Staff Software Engineer
Middle • Full Time • Full Stack
Highlands Ranch CO, US
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
We are looking for an experienced .NET/C# engineer to join the team working on building our next generation Payments Platform. The successful engineer will report to the Director of Platform Development for Issuer Processing. This role will focus on building high performance APIs that will enable integration with and across the new platform. This role will contribute to building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines. This role will interface directly with staff members of Product and Project Management, Quality Assurance, in addition to other members of the Engineering team and offers a significant potential to positively impact Issuer Processing’s future.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable building APIs with Microsoft technology. Additionally, the ability to drive technical ideas and communicate clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences is essential to this role.
- Design and develop API based applications using C#, .NET Core/.NET utilizing Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio.
- Design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop TDD/BDD unit-tests and oversee execution.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams on software development or support issues.
- Engage with Quality Assurance team members on defect triage and resolution.
- Lead development and oversee programming testing functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered while fulfilling expectations.
- Work as part of a development team and establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, management and peers in engineering.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate and recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define and implement solutions.
- Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Lead by example; demonstrating accountability, mentoring junior team members, and by contributing to departmental procedures, best practices, and standards.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Experience using C#, ASP.NET 4.0 and the .Net framework (versions 4.5+ preferred)
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience in best practices for API development and design patterns.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, NOSQL, stored procedures, database design preferred.
- Experience in building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Experience in utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, NUnit
- Experience in defining remote communication methodologies such as web services, WCF, MQ, and Rest preferred.
- Experience with WebAPI and REST services preferred.
- Design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to
- Experience in creating performing tests and produce results to ensure accurate compliance with project design
requirements for compliance, load and performance testing
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle including project management, functional requirements
definition, technical design, development, testing, quality assurance, system
certification, systems implementation and system validation.
- Experience in creating database related technical designs, effort estimation, design and analytical aptitude
- Consistently able to assess and evaluate problems in a production environment and manage risk to the service when recommending change
- Strong secure coding practices
- Strong experience working in an Agile environment. Commitment to Agile values and team-based work.
- Experience in implementing Application Telemetry to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Should be able to understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Experience in virtualized environments, including deployments, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Analyze and troubleshoot deployment issues in a timely manner
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.