Senior Software Engineer
Senior • Full Time • Full Stack
Real aspirations. Real people. Real impact.
PropertyGuru is a home-grown digital marketplace that’s transforming the experience of finding, financing and owning a home across Southeast Asia.
We’re a community of people enabling real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives. We’re looking for driven individuals with a can-do spirit to join our community of innovators, builders, dreamers and doers; someone who shares our belief that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home.
It’s a bold dream and we need an emboldened team to make it happen. We’re looking for hustlers, for pragmatists, for straight-shooters. We’re looking for people who’ll walk the talk, who’ll roll their sleeves up, who’ll get deep into action. We want people who’ll own it and deliver it. Who’ll #keepitreal and #makeitreal. We’re looking for people to bring their ideas – and passion – to work every day.
So if you want a place where you can be yourself, and where you can make a real difference at the same time, this might be the place for you. If your ‘me’ wants to be part of a ‘we’, then look us up. Come be a part of the Guru team. Our door is open.
PropertyGuru. Look Forward To Home.
You have a passion for the craft and strong desire to grow as professional. You understand the right balance between being technology purist and getting things done. You know that making things right is hard and requires high level of discipline and dedication. You are eager to become part of a high calibre team delivering unique user experience, enjoy the opportunity to witness the results of your work used by millions of users and long-term consequences of your decisions.
You will a part of the FastKey engineering team responsible for the development and maintenance of cross-platform applications aimed at a range of devices including mobile phones, tablet computers, kiosks and desktop. Your primary focus will be development of back-end services and their integration with cross-platform mobile application, however, we do encourage full stack development, so be ready to obtain or sharpen your skills in front-end technologies. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the complicated system, hence a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Participate in the full mobile application development life cycle including technical design, development & implementation, testing, documentation, and support
- Code & Deliver back-end applications and services (WCF and WebAPI) using Microsoft .Net Technology
- Code & Deliver Hybrid mobile applications using HTML5, CSS3, Angular, Ionic, Cordova, Phone Gap or equivalent
- Maintain a high level of Security Standards
- Follow best coding practices & ensure all codes are in compliance with the latest industry standards
- Value the need to do unit tests and their quality along with high code coverage
- Maintain the documentation to ensure continuity
- Don’t just engineer back-end mobile code. We contribute to our automated mobile UI acceptance tests, automated mobile API tests, backend, and even deployment pipeline
- Create tools and scripts that eliminate the need for manual repetitive tasks for development and testing
- Work with Scrum methodology, JIRA, Confluence, Azure DevOps, and GitHub
Skills and requirements:
- At least 4 years of software development experience, primarily in Microsoft .Net Technologies (ASP .Net, WCF, WebApi, C#, Linq), ORM (Entity Framework, Dapper, or equivalent), MSMQ (or other Message Queuing Service).
- Strong knowledge on Database Query on SQL Query and Store Procedure. Knowing of the MS SQL Administration is greatly welcomed!
- Good understanding of design patterns – MVP/MVC, MVVM, etc
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and language-agnostic design patterns
- Ability to conduct high-quality Code Review.