.NET Technical Architect
Senior • Contract • Architect
.NET Technical Architect / Developer Location: Frankfort KY
Contract to Hire
We are looking for a Technical Lead/Software Engineer Lead to join our team of Engineers and Consultants implementing the next generation of integrated tax systems for Revenue Agencies.
In this critical and focal role, you will be responsible for leading a small team responsible for all aspects of delivery architecture including build and deployment activities for a large-scale enterprise solution based on the Microsoft .NET, Java, and SQL Server technologies.
Using your knowledge and experience in technical architecture and systems integration, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of technology team deliverables including installation and configuration of products and several integrated third party components, the continuous build process, develop deployment scripts, and maintain system configurations across multiple environments hosted at an independent service provider.
In addition you will also be responsible for managing all technology team tasks and work closely with project leadership to prioritize and timely completion and delivery of these tasks.
This is our newest project and we are excited to partner with such a talented team of taxation and revenue professionals focused on improving citizen services for the tax payers in the state of KY. Responsible for overall delivery architecture including all servers, databases, applications and other integrated technologies Troubleshoot configuration and other problems with infrastructure components (servers, applications, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)Work closely with project management, client leadership and other project teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver technology team assignments Assist in troubleshooting environment problems and manage complete SDLC across several project phases Develop or manage the development of scripts required to compile, assemble, and deploy the application across the lifecycle environments Develop, document and implement computing configuration management plans and processes Coordinate with the hosting vendor and the client's Information Technology Division
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Immediate authorization to work in U.S.
- 8+ years' experience in technical architecture, technical infrastructure and environment management disciplines
- 5+ years' experience working with Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, .Net, Java and related technologies in a virtual environment
- 3+ years' experience working with large to medium scale, complex systems integration projects
- 2+ years' experience leading small to medium size teams
- Strong knowledge of servers, network, storage and other infrastructure components
- Strong understanding of system development lifecycle working with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of the design and operational environment of n-tiered architecture applications
- Experience in writing and reviewing complex SQL queries
- Strong Knowledge of Version Control software and strong command on build and release management processes
- Knowledge of scripting languages (VB Script, Shell Script, PowerShell )
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated aptitude toward an attention to detail
Nice to Have: Java / J2EE experience
Bachelor's Degree Requirement: Yes