Senior Developer Advocate .NET
Senior • Full Time • Full Stack
There are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world. A large percentage of these apps require users to register, log in, etc. Okta wants to be the foundation upon which all these apps are built.
Our goal is to become the most used authentication and authorization service for developers worldwide.
To do this, we need your help!
We are looking for a strong, seasoned developer and public speaker with an eye for developer experience. The Developer Advocacy team you will be a part of is responsible for a broad range of developer facing activities, all of which aim to make Okta an iconic developer brand.
As a Senior Developer Advocate, you will be connecting with developers and speaking publicly about bleeding-edge technologies at tech conferences, developer meetups, user groups, on blogs and with the press. You will engage internally with Product Managers, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success to champion the needs of the community and drive business impact. You will participate in the open source community and be a key strategic advisor to our overall platform business. This role has a significant impact on our bottom line.
Your role on the team will be to grow and support the Okta .NET community. This will entail being the foremost .NET expert at Okta and representing Okta to the .NET developer community in an authentic way. You should be a strong .NET developer who is passionate about the latest and greatest .NET technologies and is actively involved in the .NET open source world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create interesting educational content for developers in a variety of different formats: articles, screencasts, tech talks, sample apps, tools, etc.
- Work closely with product management and engineering to ensure that developer.okta.com and our API product has a compelling roadmap that addresses the needs of the community
- Within Okta be the developer subject matter expert and champion developer needs and priorities across product, engineering, and marketing
- Champion Okta’s participation in, and engagement with, the open source community
- Drive adoption of Okta’s API platform by providing feedback on email campaigns and other outreach programs
- Execute Okta developer growth programs, including, but not limited to, hosting meetups, workshops, webinars and office hours
- Drive brand awareness of Okta’s platform and educate developers about the power of our identity offering and monitor industry and community trends to keep Okta engaged and relevant
- Use metrics and data to drive activities and priorities
- Build and contribute to our open source developer libraries and tools
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience as a developer, developer advocate, or related role working on deeply technical products at leading technology companies
- Expertise in the entire .NET stack
- Understanding of how to connect with and market to developers in an authentic fashion
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, and authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
- Deep understanding of developer communities and how to engage them productively
- Solid communication skills - both a strong technical writer and public speaker
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.