Senior Software Engineer
Senior • Full Time • Full Stack
SUMMARY: The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for building scalable, highly reliable, real time application services as well as maintaining and improving existing software products. The Senior Software Developer will be involved in all aspects of software development life cycle and work on major product releases.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain/improve the quality of existing applications using sound software development practices
- Proven track record of developing applications that are fast, flexible, scalable, and secure
- Adapting, developing and teaching the coding standards of Grover
- Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to peers and stakeholders
- Experience in presenting highly technical concepts to individuals with limited technical knowledge
- Must have the ability to construct thoughtful, elegant, and productive graphical user interfaces
- Ability to work autonomously, sometimes with few requirements or without significant guidance from product owners
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing software requirements
- Ability to integrate disparate software/hardware components and effectively troubleshoot common issues that may arise
- Must be a team player with a passion for developing high quality software
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- 7+ years of experience designing, developing, and deploying applications targeting the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or greater
- 2+ years of experience developing and debugging applications using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with C# programming language
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in frameworks, tools, and design patterns, such as: AngularJS, ASP.NET MVC, Backbone, Bootstrap, jQuery, Knockout, MVVM, Node.js, REST, and WPF
- Experience with Azure Cosmos DB, LiteDB, MongoDB, and SQLite
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.