Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead
Senior • Full Time • Team Leader
TeamDynamix is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead to join us in our Columbus, Ohio office. We're a multi-tenant SaaS company running on Azure competing with companies more than 10 times our size. We're able to be successful because we hire only the best and brightest. Our small engineering team of 17 (and growing!) is made up of three smaller full-stack engineering teams plus an infrastructure team to carry out this mission. In this role, you’ll lead a team of engineers that is focused on designing, developing, testing, and maintaining the project and portfolio management components of the TeamDynamix software platform.
About our tech stack
- ASP.NET MVC & WebForms
- Single Page Applications (SPA) using modern frameworks like Angular and Vue
- Microservices written in Node running on Kubernetes
- RESTful WebAPI
- Current .NET Framework
- .NET Core 3.0
- Redis Cache
- SQL Server
- Entity Framework
- Visual Studio 2019 & VS Code
- Azure DevOps
- Git and Subversion (SVN)
About our hiring process
- A recruiter will set up a phone call with you to gauge interest and answer any questions you have about TeamDynamix to ensure you get what you need out of the chat. (20-30 minutes)
- The recruiter may then send you a link to a two-part online assessment: a personality profile and a cognitive abilities test. You can learn more about this test and get preparation tips here: https://www.criteriacorp.com/resources/ccat_prep.php (30-45 minutes)
- Based on your qualifying score, the recruiter will then schedule a deeper-dive conversation for you with the hiring manager to answer any technical questions you have about the position. This interview is meant to be conversational and will adapt, based on your skill set and interests. (30-45 minutes)
- The next step, based on mutual continued interest, is a panel interview with the engineering team leads and the director of engineering. They will be asking you a series of questions to help them better understand your experience, skills, communication style, and work culture preferences. Expect several situational questions such as, “How would you go about...?” This step also includes a whiteboard coding exercise. (120 minutes)
- The final round is comprised of in-person interviews with members of the company’s senior leadership team. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and determine if TeamDynamix is the right fit for you. (60 minutes)
Senior Software Engineer Team Leads are some of the highest-ranking contributors in the department. In addition to coaching your team, working well with others, and being able to plan and execute, you’ll need the following technical skills, experience, and education:
- 5 - 10+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- .NET experience (Standard or Core).
- Experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures, and basic database design.
- Well-established problem solving/analytical skills and technical capacity.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work full-time from our offices in Columbus, Ohio – this position is not open for remote work once the ongoing Coronavirus situation is resolved.
TeamDynamix offers Service and Project Management together on a single cloud-based platform. The solution transforms IT from order taker to strategic innovator. Organizations in the public sector, education, and healthcare leverage the solution to improve IT maturity, optimize resources, and deliver enhanced end-user service. The platform delivers IT Service Management (ITSM), Project Portfolio Management (PPM), and Enterprise Service Management (ESM) together in one solution. More at TeamDynamix.com, @TDXBuzz, LinkedIn.
About our benefits
- Compensation and equity packages designed to delight (top salaries for top talent).
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and HSA for employees and their families.
- 3.5% match on 401(k) – both traditional and Roth options available.
- Paid time off, company-recognized holidays, and floating holidays.
- Flexible working hours with some remote flexibility.
- Wellness resources to include legal, financial, and mental health.
- Free gym membership (when enrolled in medical plan).
- Free snacks and coffee.
- New, beautiful, and thoughtfully designed office in Grandview.
- Open, collaborative work environment with a casual dress code.
- Latest equipment – company-issued laptop, dual monitors, and sit/stand workstation.
- Transparency with a flat organization and quarterly town halls.
- Backed by a west-coast based private equity firm that invests in high-growth private companies across North America.
- Passionate, caring, and awesome co-workers.
- Fun company events.
- Strong, positive culture. Check out our Glassdoor and Comparably ratings.
Equal Opportunity Statement
TeamDynamix is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.