Senior Cloud Engineer
Senior • Full Time • Backend
“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be Accountable.
As a Cloud Engineer you will work in a dynamic team and partner with teams across the company to ensure that our Cloud Infrastructure meets the needs of our growing customer base. The Cloud Infrastructure team is responsible for setting Cloud architectural standards and ensuring the reliability, availability, and performance of the Production cloud environments. As Cloud Engineer you will work hands-on in a Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment. This role is works in a fast-paced environment leveraging cutting-edge technology to reimagine how Healthcare is provided.
- Apply technical knowledge and business insights to solve complex technical problems
- Set Azure architectural standards and best practices for our cloud environments
- Plan, configure, deploy, and optimize Microsoft Azure based solutions
- Work closely with our Data and Engineering teams to design best in class Azure implementations
- Work closely with our Security Team to ensure the environment is secure and adhering to our HIPAA and SOC2 commitments
- Design and implement automation for Azure infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
- Establish and maintain documentation for our Azure environment
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology (preferred), or relevant experience required
- Seven (7)+ years of progressive work experience with on-premise and/or Cloud infrastructures
- Four (4)+ years direct experience designing large-scale Infrastructure solutions with Microsoft Azure
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification (preferred)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Azure stack including (at a minimum) PaaS, IaaS, Storage, SQL, NSGs, Redis, VNETs, Availability Zones, Azure Traffic Manager and Azure Active Directory
- Familiarity with Azure Front Door a plus
- Significant experience with networking concepts including subnetting, routing, routing protocols, firewalls and traffic managers (both local and global)
- Expert level knowledge of Disaster Recovery architecture including data replication, RPO and RTO
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell preferred) and tooling such as Chef or Puppet
- Strong understanding of automation in Azure including API Management, ARM Templates and/or Terraform.
- Proven experience implementing Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with Role Based Access Control (RBAC), ITSM, Capacity Planning, and Monitoring/Alerting
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage technical projects, including identification of project scope, requirements, deliverables, and coordination of project design and implementation activities
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications on your own
- Skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, and the analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of complex information
- Outstanding communication skills as well as proficiency in interpreting results and formulating recommendations/action plans
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places.
Please mention that you found this job on .NET Careers.