Senior Backend Software Engineer
Senior • Full Time • Backend
San Francisco, California
Eventbrite is seeking a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build features, design APIs, and scale our product as we grow.
The members of our team tackle big problems through small group collaboration. Our technology spans across web, mobile, APIs, big data and machine learning, search, as well as physical point of sale and ticket scanning systems. As a people-focused organization, we support a culture of inclusion, mentorship, and continuous learning. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we build our team and product. We engage with the community by hosting events with exciting technical speakers and releasing key building blocks of our stack as open-source software. Some examples of open-source projects that originated at Eventbrite include PySOA, the framework that powers our services, and Britecharts, a reusable charting library based on D3.
We seek senior software engineers who are passionate about their craft to join our Series Events team in San Francisco. The team comprises two full-stack engineers, two backend engineers, a product manager, a designer, and an engineering manager. You will solve challenging technical problems and own your products end-to-end. You will contribute to Eventbrite engineering’s culture of technical excellence through inclusivity and mentorship. This is more than an opportunity to join an amazing team, it is a chance to impact Eventbrite’s platform and organization at scale.
THE TECH STACK
Eventbrite is one of the world’s largest Django-powered sites by request volume. Python, Django, and MySQL are the primary off-the-shelf technologies in our stack. We are hosted on AWS. PySOA, our services framework builds on these core technologies. Because this team interfaces with many other teams, there’s potential to work with a variety of other backend technologies in our stack, including Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch to name a few. On the frontend, we make extensive use of React and Redux.
THE SKILL SET
- You have 4+ years of experience building applications at scale in at least one popular programming language, such as Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, etc.
- You have 2+ years of experience using some form of web framework: Django, Symphony, Rails, ASP.net, etc.
- You have 4+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.
- You are an efficient, practical programmer with a record of designing and producing dependable code.
- You care about making sure your code is maintainable and well tested.
- You have a holistic approach to quality.
- You are a results-driven self-starter with great communication and collaboration skills; we put a lot of emphasis on being team players.
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring colleagues.
- You have knowledge of microservices and/or Service Oriented Architecture
- You have experience working with modern frontend frameworks: React, Backbone/Marionette, etc
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
Eventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events.
Please mention that you found this job on .NET Careers.