Senior .NET Engineer - Services
Senior • Full Time • Backend
Our Mission 🚀
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travelers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 270 rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Technology @ Trainline
Over half of our staff are technologists, we're changing the way that people travel through the use of high quality software and technological innovation.
We know that great software requires great coding practices. Trainline is used by millions of people every day, we process 90 million+ visits per month. It simply would not be possible to move fast enough if we were not able to trust our engineers to produce code of the highest quality. Here are some key practices which we insist upon across our teams that allow us to release with speed and quality.
We review code via pull requests ✔️
We pair smartly✔️
We advocate Test-Driven Development (TDD)✔️
We treat staging like production✔️
Introducing Services at Trainline👋
The Services department at Trainline are the Engineering function responsible for building the Backend of Trainline’s world class product. They create the journey search functionality that millions of our customers use on a daily basis, the eCommerce platform that provides a secure and seamless experience and connect Trainline to the over 270 travel operating companies that our platform plugs into across 45 countries in Europe and the rest of the world.
The team do not divide responsibility between the development and operation of the Trainline platform, instead you will support changes all the way through production. Working in the Services team gives you the opportunity to work with technologies and patterns including: Microservices, C#, .NET Core services, HATEOAS Driven REST APIs, EventSourcing, SQL Server, Redis and AWS services like SQS, S3, Lambda, and many others.
As a Senior Engineer, here is some of the stuff you will be working on...
- Delivering projects, developing great code, using the most appropriate tools and techniques.
- End to end feature development
- Deployment and performance monitoring
Actively identify blockers, boulders, time sinks and waste, and actively attempt to remove them
- Set-up, monitoring alerts for applications and environments
- Making significant contribution to technical decisions
- Act as a coach and mentor to others in the team, positively influencing their career progression
We would love to hear from you if you have experience with...
- Hands on experience with C# Development
- Full software development lifecycle
- Ability to efficiently and effectively solve algorithmic (AND/OR) process problems
- Can effectively architect and design solutions (AND/OR) processes that are maintainable and robust
Our Culture 🤗
Everything begins with great people, as well as aptitude, we put a heavy emphasis on attitude.
Coaches Over Heroes
- We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those individuals who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
- Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
- We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
- We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
We are a one-stop shop for train travel. Every day, we bring together routes, fares and journey times from train companies in 24 countries so our customers can easily buy train tickets and save time, hassle or money.
Please mention that you found this job on .NET Careers.