Senior Software Engineer
Senior • Full Time • Full Stack
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing commercial web applications for a dynamic and entrepreneurial company. The position requires an experienced developer capable of making significant contributions throughout the software development lifecycle and participate in all tasks related to requirements gathering, risk analysis, unit testing, software implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and deployment.
In addition to technical proficiency, strong communication and interpersonal skills are required, as this person will work in a highly collaborative environment. The position will interact with multiple teams throughout the organization, mentor less experienced team members, and participate in continual investigation of process improvement strategies. Additional responsibilities include the evaluation of emerging technologies and development recommendations for future product development.
What You Will Do and Achieve:
- Work with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain web/cloud-based business applications
- Participate in design reviews and pull requests
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Contribute to our evolving Continuous Integration (CI/CD) pipeline
- Analyze use cases and propose solutions to meet business objectives
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience developing commercial software applications
- 4+ years’ experience using C#, ASP.NET, and SQL
- 2+ years’ experience working on an Agile development team
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and engineering best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment on all assigned projects and assigned responsibilities (use for exempt employees)
- Contribute as a Full-Stack .NET developer
- Normal working hours are 8 hours/day in the office starting at 9am Monday – Friday
- Some extended hours or weekend work may be required on occasion
- The position will work in a typical office setting with heavy computer use. Candidates must be able to sit for long periods at a time. Appropriate office behavior and attire will be required at all times.
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
LightBox and all its holding companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the LightBox and its holding companies to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.