Senior • Full Time • Team Leader
Join Trustpilot if you enjoy building software that matters, in a team working together striving for excellence while keeping a healthy work-life balance.
We are seeking a Tech Lead with experience in leading teams focused on building web-applications and designing APIs. Someone who is a team player and ready to help wherever necessary - no task is too small or insignificant.
Working in Trustpilot as a Tech Lead will provide you with great challenges and opportunities to work on, from building new products for our users to maintaining our existing products at scale.
You would be working in a team owning a set of Trustpilot products giving you and your team full ownership and full responsibility.
In your role:
- Provide technical leadership and facilitate effective team interaction
- Own the specification, application design, technical delivery and maintenance of multiple scalable services and applications
- Manage scope, deliver iteratively and always help your teammates to do the same
- Drive technical quality. Actively set, promote and review best practices and Engineering Principles
- Facilitate the weekly planning ensuring the team is always moving forward
- Work with colleagues across engineering, product and UX to continuously improve collaboration and information sharing
- Participate in introducing new technologies and ways of working
We are looking for:
- Strong technical foundation gained in a senior engineering role with proven experience in the development of robust, scalable web application and API’s
- Solid experience with modern cloud architectures (e.g. microservices, serverless, event-driven, reactive)
- Proficiency in engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation, security, scalability)
- Expert, hands-on knowledge of different programming languages/technology stacks and their benefits/constraints
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Experience communicating closely with users and other technical teams
- Ability to be pragmatic, get things done and pick up new tools and technologies quickly
- Product mindset focused on continuous delivery of value to our users
We believe that by providing autonomy and freedom to our teams we will get the best results.
That is also why we offer 20% time as a way to ensure no good idea goes untested.
Are you up for the challenge? Then read on about our fun code challenge you need to complete in order to apply.
Tools & Services
On AWS: Docker on ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, ELB, EC2, Cloudfront, CloudSearch, ElasticSearch and more
Runscope, GhostInspector, BrowserStack
Analytics: Segment, Amplitude, BigQuery, etc.
MongoDB, Redis, Redshift, DynamoDB, Elastic Search
- A varied workday in a positive, can-do team
- "20% time" - be the most innovative you can be and work on anything you’d like!
- High ambitions for technology as well as deliveries
- Technology-agnosticism. Use the best tools for the job!
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
If you think that this role is made for you, please send in your resume and application letter in English via our website and tell us why you would be the ideal candidate. You will also need to solve one of our Code Challenges below and submit a solution together with your application.
Save the Pony : https://ponychallenge.trustpilot.com
Follow the White Rabbit: https://followthewhiterabbit.trustpilot.com
You are welcome to contact Ruth Anibaba at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Get an insider's view of Trustpilot here.