Full Stack Developer
Middle • Full Time • Full Stack
Arlington, VA relocation
About the Firm
Sands Capital Management, LLC (Sands Capital) is an independent investment management firm located in Arlington, Virginia, minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. Since its founding in 1992, Sands Capital has managed a long only, concentrated portfolio of 25-30 large capitalization stocks selected through a rigorous, bottom-up fundamental research process that aims to identify high quality growth businesses. In addition to this flagship strategy, Sands Capital has introduced newer strategies over time such as Global Growth (2009), Emerging Markets Growth (2013), and Global Leaders (2017), all based on the same long-only, concentrated, growth investing principles but with a wider geographic mandate. As we have expanded our geographic reach, we’ve learned to incorporate macroeconomic, currency, and political research analysis as a layer to our research process to complement our bottom-up company analysis. Today we are one of the largest investors in many of the world’s leading growth companies and we have compiled strong long-term investment results across each of these investment strategies. Sands Capital currently manages approximately $45 billion in client assets.
Identified below are our Core Values that we hold in high regard and believe are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
Position Summary / Essential Functions
Sands Capital is seeking a full stack developer with a data focus. We are a growing firm that invests significantly in technology to enable our business goals. Our growth has led to an increased need for talented software engineers and technology leaders. We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our full stack team to help us deliver business outcomes more rapidly.
We follow agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban using JIRA, Slack, and Azure Pipelines. We are building a cloud-based Data Warehouse using SQL Server, Analysis Services and Power BI, and create our own applications using .NET Core. We utilize serverless technologies such as Azure Functions and package our software using Docker. We work on a continuous integration and delivery pipeline using automated tests.
The Full Stack Developer will be focused on creating and maintaining the next-generation of our cloud-based Data Warehouse utilizing the latest technologies in the Microsoft Azure cloud. We are integrating all our enterprise data into one highly available, highly performant cloud-based data store. Core to our next iteration of work are further integrations, testing, data governance, and security. The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for working with the team, the product owners, and data stewards to deliver this solution across the enterprise.
This is a full-time position that must work from Sands Capital’s headquarters in Arlington, Virginia Monday – Friday.
- Learn and implement data analytics solutions using SQL Data Warehouse, SQL Server, Power BI, and Azure Analysis Services
- Build and maintain Semantic Models using xVelocity-based data stores
- Build and maintain data transformations for on-premises and cloud data into Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Configure and maintain build pipelines in Azure Pipelines
- Learn and implement containerized development on the .NET Core platform and VueJS
- Follow sound agile development practices to complete software development projects
- Author meaningful unit and integration tests to drive our data pipelines
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent skills with SQL and/or DAX
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Understanding of core computing concepts such as data structures and object-oriented programming
- Good communicator with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Good collaborative skills and a committed team player
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Deadline driven with excellent project management skills
- Must be self-motivated and driven
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.